The response I want to give when I smell a Code Brown and am then asked by another RN if I have time to help her clean up her patient.
ACCEPTING DISAPPOINTMENTS THAT WE SEE COMING, GRACIOUSLY…
1. Fading friendship – when it becomes apparent that there are no commonalities, and you invent reasons to avoid spending time with them
2. Significant other relationships; when gradually the silence is no longer companionable, and each of you cannot support one another in speaking truths.
3. Career advancement – when your instinct tells you that this is not the right fit
4. Realizing a loved one does not share your values, and in fact opposes them
5. Understanding that all of the positive qualities that you thought were prominent in someone were just transient and they turn out to be surprisingly superficial and pretentious.
6. When it is apparent that a love interest is one that idealizes that which is external only, such as looks, or status and leaves no room for discovery of inner qualities.
7. Success when it is a double edged sword; when those that ought to be supportive of your achievements attempt to derail you.
8. Missing out on opportunities that you had hoped for, although you felt within your heart that they wouldn’t work out.
9. Seeing others take the credit for your hard earned work – when it’s about the end goal, and result of the work, not so much who did it.
10. When you realize that your first impression about a person was actually correct, after they hurt you; despite you telling yourself to give it a chance, and not be so judgmental.
Page 1 of 26